Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Kirkwall & Stenness Orkney SCOTLAND

Click here to visit the Stenness Standing Stones of Orkney SCOTLAND
Click here and let us travel the world!


Dear travelers,

And I travel Scotland this time visiting Kirkwall and Stenness with their famous Standing Stones a 30 minutes drive from Kirkwall. My day start visiting St. Magnus Cathedral, finding my way I met Raema and Laurence who has a German Sheperd dog name "Magnus" what a coincidence same name as the Cathedral they were very friendly and showed me the way.



St. Magnus Cathedral - Britain’s most northerly Cathedral.
St Magnus Cathedral known as the 'Light in the North' was founded in 1137 by the Viking, Earl Rognvald, in honour of his uncle St Magnus.  The Cathedral belongs to the people of Orkney and its doors are open to all.  The Cathedral, set in the heart of Kirkwall, the capital city of the Orkney Islands, is a place of stillness, of inspiration, of warmth, and is steeped in the presence of God. 


After visiting the Cathedral I walked and find a very nice house with a garden, It was Bessy's garden but Bessy told me to visit another garden which is the Tarkennes House garden which is more bigger than the size of her backyard garden, she gave me direction which I followed and as a traveler I found it quickly.

to be continued....



#aroundtheworld
Rinell

















No comments:

Post a Comment