Saturday, June 15, 2013

My Bike Ride in ULVIK NORWAY



Dear Travelers,

It’s my first time to visit Ulvik located in an offshoot of Norway’s celebrated Hardangerfjord. It is a low-key summer resort popular with hikers and fishermen alike. Late spring fills the air with the scent of blossoming fruit trees, a harbinger of the sweet cherries, pears, plums and apples.

I was planning to take my bike climb up to the mountains and descend back slowly to see the stunning view of the place, but before that I met two young ladies playing a dwarf size chess board located just in front of the town’s white-clad church. They were very shy when I approached them; well it’s a normal reaction of people meeting a stranger. I won their trust by talking & interviewing them, not only that we had a wonderful time dancing making the chessboard as our dance floor.

I was panting pushing the bike pedal hard to go climb up to the mountain but the breeze of the fresh air helped pump my lungs extending my last energy. The sun even though it was 9 in evening still accompanying me wanting me to pursue my idea to see the ice on top of the mountain.

I failed to reach the top of the mountain but on the other hand won as I can see the beauty of Ulvik on the bird’s eye view like a paradise, a very quiet and peaceful place, the combination of earth colors and the sound of the birds chirping as if they were singing to me, the wind caresses me gently as I continue to breath slowly.


Your Tour Guide,
Rinell




Ulvik Norway Video


1 comment:

  1. Hi Ulvik is so beautiful! However I have only at most 3 hours in Ulvik. I want to go to this viewpoint (as shown by your picture)! How high you will have to bike/hike? There is really little info about Ulvik. Can u tell me is Ulvik worth a visit?:)))

    ReplyDelete