Thursday, September 06, 2012

Arctic Polar Plunge

06 September 2012

Dear Travelers,


I couldn’t believe that I did Polar Plunge in the Arctic for the first time in my life! I’m wearing a life jacket because I can’t swim, it will save me from drowning and sudden shock. The moment that I step on the diving platform and about ready to jump the guy told me not to wear it because it is dangerous, I have no choice, I waited for the line, without thinking I take off my life jacket and jump!! The rest is history!
Coming out from the water and making up to the ladder is critical, I used every single energy to paddle myself and try to swim hoping that I could make it. I can’t feel my body, all I was thinking is to save myself from drowning and the moment I touched the handle of the ladder I feel my power, excitedly climbing up and from the top of the platform I yelled from the top of my lungs... YEAAHHH...
My fear of swimming suddenly got lost from the freezing cold water of the Arctic along with the icebergs on the side. I still couldn’t believe myself that I made it, I’m so proud. I will remember this for the rest of my life.

Rinell :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment